Monday 27 August 2012

Have a Little National Trust...

This year my boyfriend Sam and I have taken out National Trust memberships...they're great, at just £25 for under 25's for an annual pass or £53 for over 25's, this gets you into countless properties across the UK, which can often cost up to £11 and sometimes more for a single entry.  
National Trust Properties are great for family days out in the sunshine, and with many being surrounded by beautiful grounds, they can make such calming and peaceful settings for summer picnics.  Since joining at the beginning of the rather questionable Summer we have experienced here in the UK, Sam and I have managed to really make the most of our memberships, and had plenty of days out, even if it was just for the enjoyment of having a picnic without the fear of having a football kicked swiftly in our direction, as is often the case when picnicking in our local park.
National Trust is not just for the Summer....Many properties and grounds hold special events for Halloween and Christmas and will always put on activities over the school holidays for children, families, and the young at heart.
For more information and to sign up for your membership for the coming year, visit their website Here.

I must admit however, my favourite part from every visit, has been the obligatory visit to the Gift Shop, and during the recent end-of-summer-sales, I am really happy with the few bits I have picked up...

This set of 3 vintage style cake tins I just had to have...I love to bake (as you may know by now) and I aslo love anything that looks like it has survived a good few years of wear and tear.  At just £11 down from £22 = absolute bargain!!!




This adorable duckling doorstop is something I have had my eye on for quite sometime this year, but have been holding off from buying...until I saw it at £17.50 in the sale, and I just couldn't help myself....I have named her Penelope, and she has taken pride of place sat by our living room door!
You can find yours online here.

To shop National Trust...take a flick though their website here.

 x

No comments:

Post a Comment